The Portal is Looking for Contributors
From September 2015
Here at The Portal we’re looking for Contributors
Volunteer freelance role, flexible hours and location
Are you passionate about changing the world, love fashion and a wordsmith to boot? Are you actively engaged in the Australian Fashion and Textile industry? Are you a fashion student?
We’re looking for you!
The Portal is the Australian platform for ethical textiles and fashion.
It’s a resource-rich platform of sustainability stories and resources, curated specifically for the Australian textiles and fashion industry.
Designed to support our industry to grow into a thriving, globally-recognised sustainable fashion and textiles centre, The Portal is a one-stop-shop for designers, manufacturers, teachers, students, shoppers and retailers.
For us, sustainability is creative, fun and beautiful. It’s about stories and superb design.
The Portal is in its infancy and we’re looking for a team of savvy contributors to help it take its next steps. The role includes:
- Developing and publishing online content, including blog posts and interviews
- Connecting with local designer and industry influencers to publish relevant articles
- Identifying emerging sustainability issues and their impact on the local fashion and textiles industry
- Strong communications experience and skills
- Knowledge of fashion and textiles sustainability
- Driven and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Flexible, personable, visionary
Send us a cover letter and resume (max 3 pages total) and a sample of your past written work. No due date, ongoing opening. Send to: INFO@TFIA.COM.AU Email subject: Contributor Application